Booked for Kidnapping by R.J. Blain
Following the assassination of Senator Maybelle, widespread rioting and unrest transform the presidential campaign into a lethal circus. With protests raging over the new bill, the government scrambles to restore peace and order.
Armed with a probationary private investigation license, Janette and her friends race against time to prevent the next murder. On the surface, the motive for the killings seems simple enough: the senate bill, if passed, would transform the United States into a militant dictatorship.
As hostilities around the nation intensify and the pressure of the investigation strains Janette’s relationships with her family and friends, she learns loyalty only goes so far, friendships are as easily forged as they are broken, and justice means little to those determined to preserve their personal liberties.
But when a murder attempt turns into a kidnapping, she’s left with one choice:
Uncover the truth, or die trying. (
- File Name:booked-for-kidnapping-by-r-j-blain.epub
- Original Title:Booked for Kidnapping (Vigilante Magical Librarians Book 2)
- Creator:R.J. Blain
- Publisher:Pen & Page Publishing
- File Size:396.643 KB
Table of Content
- 1. Title Page
- 2. Copyright
- 3. Contents
- 4. 1. Exactly nobody in my life wanted me to attend the memorial.
- 5. 2. Somehow, you’ve become even more stubborn.
- 6. 3. Did you miss me?
- 7. 4. I couldn’t understand why anyone would want to kill so many.
- 8. 5. You’re not just an exsanguinator.
- 9. 6. We had rules for everything.
- 10. 7. I recognized the fog of sedatives.
- 11. 8. I’d heard the lecture a few too many times.
- 12. 9. A sign directed residents to the local library.
- 13. 10. You got a reason to be hiding back there?
- 14. 11. Uh oh. My mother had gone formal on Bradley’s father.
- 15. 12. You just want to hoard her all to yourself.
- 16. 13. I’d have to find a way to thank him for that.
- 17. 14. I will make you pay for this.
- 18. 15. Bradley, I made a mistake.
- 19. 16. I worried the damage was already done.
- 20. 17. Why are you looking at me like that?
- 21. 18. I feel like we’re doing something incredibly stupid.
- 22. 19. Who is a good kitty? Ajani is! Ajani is the best kitty.
- 23. 20. I like this politician, and that makes me feel dirty.
- 24. About R.J. Blain
- 25. From Outfoxed