An outcast teenage lesbian witch finds her coven hidden amongst the popular girls in her school, and performs some seriously badass magic in the process.
Skulking near the bottom of West High’s social pyramid, Sideways Pike lurks under the bleachers doing magic tricks for Coke bottles. As a witch, lesbian, and lifelong outsider, she’s had a hard time making friends. But when the three most popular girls pay her $40 to cast a spell at their Halloween party, Sideways gets swept into a new clique. The unholy trinity are dangerous angels, sugar-coated rattlesnakes, and now–unbelievably–Sideways’ best friends.
Together, the four bond to form a ferocious and powerful coven. They plan parties, cast curses on dudebros, try to find Sideways a girlfriend, and elude the fundamentalist witch hunters hellbent on stealing their magic. But for Sideways, the hardest part is the whole ‘having friends’ thing. Who knew that balancing human interaction with supernatural peril could be so complicated?
Rich with the urgency of feral youth, The Scapegracers explores growing up and complex female friendship with all the rage of a teenage girl. It subverts the trope of competitive mean girls and instead portrays a mercilessly supportive clique of diverse and vivid characters. It is an atmospheric, voice-driven novel of the occult, and the first of a three-book series.
- File Name:the-scapegracers-by-hannah-abigail-clarke.epub
- Original Title:The Scapegracers
- Creator:Hannah Abigail Clarke
- Publisher:Erewhon Books
- File Size:2.116 MB
Table of Content
- 1. Dedication
- 2. Epigraph
- 3. BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS
- 4. WHO PUT BELLA IN THE WYCH ELM?
- 5. LIKE BLOOD AND WATER
- 6. AT THE LATE-NIGHT DOUBLE FEATURE PICTURE SHOW
- 7. FEVERLESS FEVER DREAMS
- 8. HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS?
- 9. WE WHO ARE FIGHTING LOVE GOD
- 10. BETWEEN THE FOURTH AND FIFTH RIBS
- 11. LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN CUZ I’M GOING TO
- 12. GATHERING TONGUES WITH WHICH TO SPEAK
- 13. THE HOUSE OF THE SETTING SUN
- 14. CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER
- 15. THIS CHAPTER IS UNLUCKY
- 16. THINGS THAT SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE
- 17. REMEMBER THAT EDUCATION IS GOOD FOR YOU
- 18. IF TEENS DON’T HAVE SPIRIT, THEN WHAT’S THAT SMELL?
- 19. THE HOUSE HORROR WARNED YOU ABOUT
- 20. THE PERILS OF NOT BEING LOVELESS
- 21. A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
- 22. PERMISSION TO CROSS THE THRESHOLD
- 23. SYMPATHY FOR, WELL, YOU KNOW
- 24. ABOUT THAT HOLE IN YOUR HEART
- 25. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- 26. About-the-author
- 27. Copyright