Outfoxed by R.J. Blain
Death is a way of life outside of the safety of Inner Tulsa, and Jade means to keep flipping Mother Nature off until old age claims her. With one eye always on the sky, the last thing she needs is a pack of bounty hunters out for her living head. With no idea of why anyone would want her, her wits might keep her free, assuming she can resist the charming lures of Sandro, one of the men out to claim her as his own.
Left with the choice of being the evening snack of a tornado or taking shelter with the bounty hunter, she does what she does best: she lives on the edge.
Striking a bargain with the handsome bounty hunter buys her another day of life, but it also dumps her into the heart of a sinister plot, one meant to enslave the residents of the storm-tossed city—and the others brave and foolish enough to call the Alley home.
- File Name:outfoxed-by-r-j-blain.epub
- Original Title:Outfoxed
- Creator:R.J. Blain
- Publisher:Pen & Page Publishing
- File Size:710.223 KB
Table of Content
- 1. Title Page
- 2. Copyright
- 3. Contents
- 4. 1. Death was a way of life outside of the safety of Inner Tulsa.
- 5. 2. Some said a city was defined by its sewers.
- 6. 3. In Tulsa, still standing barely counted as surviving.
- 7. 4. On days like today, I considered returning to the East.
- 8. 5. I’d found bodies in the tallest branches of stubborn trees before.
- 9. 6. Losing the little I had would have made life a lot harder.
- 10. 7. I wondered what Tulsa had done to deserve Mother Nature’s wrath.
- 11. 8. I feared too many held hopes of sheltering within the safety of Asylum.
- 12. 9. That seems like a good way to piss you off.
- 13. 10. I disliked the taste of blood, especially when it was mine.
- 14. 11. If he wanted to make a fortune off me, I’d make him earn it.
- 15. 12. Pain sucked.
- 16. 13. You’re a mess.
- 17. 14. You seem like the kind who prefers honesty.
- 18. 15. I appreciated their care for my tail.
- 19. 16. Is that because foxes are destructive?
- 20. 17. She’s going to kill him within a week.
- 21. About R.J. Blain
- 22. Upcoming R.J. Blain releases