From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Witches of East End and The Descendants comes the love story of young Alexander Hamilton and Eliza Schuyler.
1777. Albany, New York.
As battle cries of the American Revolution echo in the distance, servants flutter about preparing for one of New York society’s biggest events: the Schuylers’ grand ball. Descended from two of the oldest and most distinguished bloodlines in New York, the Schuylers are proud to be one of their fledgling country’s founding families, and even prouder still of their three daughters—Angelica, with her razor-sharp wit; Peggy, with her dazzling looks; and Eliza, whose beauty and charm rival that of both her sisters, though she’d rather be aiding the colonists’ cause than dressing up for some silly ball.
Still, she can barely contain her excitement when she hears of the arrival of one Alexander Hamilton, a mysterious, rakish young colonel and General George Washington’s right-hand man. Though Alex has arrived as the bearer of bad news for the Schuylers, he can’t believe his luck—as an orphan, and a bastard one at that—to be in such esteemed company. And when Alex and Eliza meet that fateful night, so begins an epic love story that would forever change the course of American history.
In the pages of Alex and Eliza, #1 New York Times bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz brings to life the romance of young Alexander Hamilton and Elizabeth Schuyler.
- File Namealex-and-eliza-by-melissa-de-la-cruz.epub
- Original TitleAlex and Eliza: A Love Story
- CreatorMelissa de la Cruz
- PublisherPenguin Young Readers Group
- File Size519.575 KB
Table of Content
- 1. Cover
- 2. Also by Melissa De La Cruz
- 3. Title Page
- 4. Copyright
- 5. Dedication
- 6. Contents
- 7. Epigraph
- 8. Prologue: Mansion on the Hill
- 9. Chapter 1: Middle Child
- 10. Chapter 2: Troop Inspection
- 11. Chapter 3: Messenger Boy
- 12. Chapter 4: Small Pitchers and Big Ears
- 13. Chapter 5: Tomcat and Canary?
- 14. Chapter 6: Lovers’ Reel
- 15. Chapter 7: Gauntlet (Or Handkerchief?) Thrown
- 16. Chapter 8: Reconnaissance
- 17. Chapter 9: Knight in Shining Armor
- 18. Chapter 10: Lean in to Me
- 19. Chapter 11: Absent Without Leave?
- 20. Chapter 12: Bold Moves
- 21. Chapter 13: There Is No Inoculation Against Love
- 22. Chapter 14: A Disease, an Affliction
- 23. Chapter 15: Ministering Angels
- 24. Chapter 16: Officers and Gentlemen
- 25. Chapter 17: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- 26. Chapter 18: Goose Is Cooked?
- 27. Chapter 19: Girl Talk
- 28. Chapter 20: First Comes Friendship
- 29. Chapter 21: Soldiers and Suitors
- 30. Chapter 22: Sweet Nothings
- 31. Chapter 23: Full Hearts, Empty Pockets
- 32. Chapter 24: Mother’s News
- 33. Chapter 25: No Guts, No Glory
- 34. Chapter 26: Timing Is Everything
- 35. Chapter 27: Command Performance
- 36. Chapter 28: Hen Party
- 37. Chapter 29: Tortoise and Hare
- 38. Chapter 30: Taking Liberties
- 39. Chapter 31: Heroes and Villains
- 40. Chapter 32: Best of Aunts and Best of Women
- 41. Chapter 33: Ambush
- 42. Chapter 34: Can’t-Runaway Bride
- 43. Chapter 35: Here Comes the Groom
- 44. Chapter 36: Poor Man’s Wife
- 45. Chapter 37: Wedding March
- 46. Chapter 38: Happiest They’ve Ever Been
- 47. Acknowledgments