Life as a bodyguard and driver for the rich, famous, and powerful is dangerous on a good day, and after sustaining a crippling injury while on duty, Janette’s left with few options. Having signed a ‘for life’ contract but unable to work, she uses her skills to disappear.
Her new life as a librarian suits her. Nobody cares she limps and sometimes requires a cane to walk. She’s wanted for her knowledge, not her lethal magic. She’s surrounded by books, a woman’s best friend.
But when her former employer’s best friend is murdered on the steps of her library, old loyalties and secrets might destroy her – or set her free.
Teaming up with her co-workers to find the killer might keep her from being booked for murder, but unless she’s careful, she’ll find out exactly how far her ex-boss will go to reclaim what is rightfully his.
Her. For life.
- File Name:booked-for-murder-by-r-j-blain.epub
- Original Title:Booked for Murder
- Creator:R.J. Blain
- Publisher:Pen & Page Publishing
- File Size:785.840 KB
Table of Content
- 1. Title Page
- 2. Copyright
- 3. Contents
- 4. 1. I lived to serve.
- 5. 2. Ajani loved the brush more than life itself.
- 6. 3. Enter, you mutty blight.
- 7. 4. I still liked fast cars.
- 8. 5. The pre-coffee blur made it much easier to play stupid.
- 9. 6. I checked my apartment for any signs of hell freezing over.
- 10. 7. My cat was about to sucker me out of second breakfast.
- 11. 8. I’m picking a family car.
- 12. 9. A vigilante magical librarian, Janette?
- 13. 10. I warned you.
- 14. 11. I’d built a new life, one I liked.
- 15. 12. I wanted a nap.
- 16. 13. A cat can’t talk to you properly.
- 17. 14. Do the bonus points earn me anything special?
- 18. 15. Did Ajani draw blood?
- 19. 16. My magic wanted me to live.
- 20. 17. This sucks.
- 21. 18. There are your new friends.
- 22. 19. Right. You’re hungry.
- 23. 20. I don’t want to think about insurance right now.
- 24. 21. I’d be opening Pandora’s box.
- 25. 22. Some things I could never forget.
- 26. 23. I see your sarcasm is in good form.
- 27. About R.J. Blain
- 28. Sample from A Chip on Her Shoulder